Our new Footprints Community Cafe opened in September 2019, inside the South Tees Community Bank on Redcar High Street. We are proud that this partnership forms the first Community Bank Cafe in the UK.
We are open Monday to Saturday 10am – 4pm, offering fresh, healthy and affordable food in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. There is a breakfast and lunch menu or you can enjoy a delicious home-baked cake, scone or afternoon tea. We are happy to take telephone orders for collection by your organisation or workplace. If you’d prefer us to come to you, we can cater for large or smaller events at your venue, with a menu to suit your needs.
Kat (our Cafe Manager), Tanya (Assistant Manager) and their friendly team of volunteers offer everyone a warm welcome. You may recognise Kat, who was one of the stars of the BBC’s The Mighty Redcar, with her own inspirational story of making it from foodbank client to our Cafe Manager. So pop in and see us soon!
Pay it Forward
What really makes Footprint Community Cafe different from other cafes is our innovative ‘Pay it Forward’ Scheme. This allows our customers to pay for a drink or snack for anyone who comes into the cafe and would struggle to pay for themselves.
We are recruiting!
Due to expansion of Footprints Community Cafe we are currently looking for a number of volunteers to come and join our friendly team.
Typical duties will include:
- Welcoming customers and taking payment
- Preparing and serving food and drinks within the café and at outside catering events
- Clearing tables and washing-up
- Assisting with menu planning and stock control
- Ensuring food safety and hygiene at all times
- Keeping the cafe and kitchen area clean, safe, tidy and well-organised
- Maintaining high standards of personal hygiene (handwashing and general cleanliness)
If you are friendly, willing to learn and work as part of a small team to prepare food and serve customers, then we’d love to hear from you!
You can find more information about volunteering roles by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org